question category:

My son is 13

We have got a mobility car because my son is disabled and I got a parking ticket but didn't pay no the bailiffs have been for 400 pound but it's in my sons name and he's only 13 where do I stand

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: My son is 13

If you take all of the paperwork to your local Citizens Advice, or to a solicitor, they may be able to help you pick through and see how this has happened. If you have incurred a parking ticket and they have administered the paperwork incorrectly then you could contest the current action being taken by the bailiffs, if the name is wrong on the court order and they are seeking to recover a debt from a child using bailiffs. This may only give a temporary stay of enforcement as they may simply start action again with the correct details, as you say that you received a parking ticket, then you will still need to pay the original parking ticket.

This question was answered by Debt Advice Foundation, an independent UK debt advice charity. If you need further help, Debt Advice Foundation provides a free, confidential helpline and can advise you. Click here to find out more.


Want to ask your own question?

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.


Our featured debt charity

Debt Advice Foundation

The Debt Advice Foundation offers:

  • Impartial advice
  • Debt solution to best suit your needs
  • Confidential helpline
  • Non-judgemental advice
  • No appointment needed